Prayer Walk & Potluck
God speaks to His people through the mouth of His prophet Jeremiah: "Pray for the welfare of the city, for as the city goes so goes God's people"--Jeremiah 29. On Sunday, October 27, 2013, twenty+ members and friends of Emmanuel Lutheran celebrated the Lutheran Reformation by participating in a prayer walk and potluck. Some prayed from home or at Oasis Church, while others walked. Together we prayed for the welfare of our city and its people, businesses, schools, churches, and leaders. Thank you for joining us in prayer! On Sunday, October 26, 2014 - A Prayer Walk and Potluck was enjoyed by about 20 people. The black & white Martin Luther film was also viewed at Oasis Church. On Sunday, October 25, 2015, about 25 people participated in our annual prayer walk and potluck. We also watched the movie, "Do You Believe?" We enjoyed another wonderful prayer walk and potluck on Sunday, October 30, 2016. In 2017, the weather was cold and rainy, but we still had 6 hardy sols brave the elements and offer prayers for our community. Almost 30 people enjoyed an evening potluck at the residence of Dick and Nancy Stanley (The Homestead of Rochester). Save the Date: Prayer Walk and Potluck - Sunday, October 25, 2020! Begin at 3pm at Oasis Church and conclude with a potluck meal.
Wish List - Gifts Received
* Earset Head Microphone and a lapel microphone for Worship: purchased with a $750.00 grant from the local Rochester Chapter of Thrivent.
* ESV Pulpit Bible: dedicated in Worship on Saturday, October 26, 2013 in loving memory of Dean Christen (died on 12/13/2012), husband, father, & grandfather—from Ardis Christen, Lisa Christen, Kari & Dave Richards, Ian Richards.
* Outside Church sign with new logo: Deb & Larry Vomhof.
* Forty copies of With One Voice songbooks: Dean and Michelle Paxson (WA).
* Thank you to Lisa Bakke for designing our updated Church Website.
* Thank you to Anne Schwartz for designing our church logo!
* Thank you to members and friends of Emmanuel designating Thrivent Choice Dollars.
* New Pascal Candle: Dean and Michelle Paxson. New Pascal Candle Stand: LeRoy & Margaret Quam.
* Twenty copies of the Reclaim Hymnal: Bakke family. 20 additional copies given by Joe & Amber and Marek Konop, Dave & Carol Olson, and congregations of the Iowa Mission District.
* Baptismal Cloths with Emmanuel Logo donated by Dick & Nancy Stanley.
* Advent Christmas Wreath donated by Leroy & Margaret Quam.
* Baptismal Stand donated by LeRoy & Margaret Quam.
* Two new altar candles & stands donated by LeRoy & Margaret Quam and the Vomhof family.
* Pulpit Paraments for the Seasons of the Church Year, hand sewn by Julie Steffenson.
* 15 copies of the ReClaim Hymnal gifted to Emmanuel Lutheran from Gift of Grace Lutheran in Holmen, WI.
* 20 additional copies of the ReClaim Hymnal purchased with a gift from Ray and Elaine Burke.
* 60 additional copies of the revised Holden Evening Prayer Liturgy have been purchased, a gift from Fred Morck.
* 25 additional copies of the ReClaim Hymnal (DONE in honor of the youth of our congregation).
Gift of 5 acres of land for a Church Site. Dream: Building a Christian Hospitality House, and a church building capable of providing Christian Child Care.
* Thank You to the many congregations & individuals who are patrons & benefactors of Emmanuel. Your prayers, financial support and partnership in the Gospel is much appreciated.
New Life Family Services
"Carry Them Through Campaign"
During the month of July, churches sponsored 200 women seeking help and counsel for their unplanned pregnancy. For every $550 raised, a church carried one woman and her unborn child through birth and beyond. Emmanuel set a goal of saving at least one child. We received gifts of $2,200; funding for 4 mothers and their babies. Thanks for putting your faith into action & standing in the gap with the least of these.
Madonna Towers Ministry Opportunity
In 2019, Pastor Dave is leading worship & preaching at the Madonna Towers Skilled Care Chapel on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. Emmanuel members are invited and encouraged to participate in this ministry to seniors of our community. Our next Worship Services are pending. Give Lee Pearce a call if you would like to participate in this wonderful ministry.
Members wishing to contribute to Emmanuel Lutheran with automatic giving may do so by contacting Judy Caudill or Deb Vomhof. Offerings are transferred once a month on the 15th of the month. Thanks for supporting the holy work of God at Emmanuel Lutheran Church of Rochester.
Building Fund Launch April 2, 2018
Building for the Future!
Thirty-five people participated in this year's public reading of the entire New Testament--in honor of our Lord's resurrection. 22 people read Scripture; 8 of whom were youth as young as 7 years old. KTTC television dropped by and put us on the news. Members of Emmanuel were also given a chance to present an offering or a pledge in support of our Building Fund. Our goal is to raise $100,000 before the end of the year. We now have $97,000 in the Fund (cash & pledges).
Emmanuel Huddle (July 29, 2018) "Building for the Future" Summary Notes
Special thanks to everyone who attended a Dinner for 8 and offered input into the future of Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Maintaining continuity with our God-given strengths, we will build upon our combined assets by 1) maintaining a strong sense of community—a warm and welcoming environment where everyone is valued, 2) growing the worship life of our congregation without compromising our core values & beliefs, 3) remaining solidly Confessional and Orthodox—Christ-centered & Traditionally-grounded, 4) securing financial stability & sustainability, 5) enhancing the visibility of Emmanuel & growing the footprints of Jesus in our Community, and 6) finding a church site where form follows function and the facilities serve the mission of Emmanuel. Scripture will remain the centerpiece of our life together.
Emmanuel Year Eight!
On Saturday, February 25, 2017, Emmanuel Lutheran turned five and celebrated this milestone with a Worship Service. In spite of the snowstorm that came our way, 142 people attended the Service and added their voices to the praise of God. We celebrated the Feast of the Transfiguration of our Lord with lots of music. The youth of Emmanuel sang, "I'm in the Lord's Army, Yes Sir!" Choirs also came from Emmanuel of Grafton, Iowa, and Gift of Grace Lutheran in Holmen, Wisconsin, and offered amazing gifts of music.
The evening offering ($1,607) was designated for the start-up of a brand new NALC Mission Plant within 50-100 miles of Rochester. Worship, refreshments, and fellowship was enjoyed by all.