Prayer Walk & Potluck
God speaks to His people through the mouth of His prophet Jeremiah: "Pray for the welfare of the city, for as the city goes so goes God's people"--Jeremiah 29. On Sunday, October 27, 2013, twenty+ members and friends of Emmanuel Lutheran celebrated the Lutheran Reformation by participating in a prayer walk and potluck. Some prayed from home or at Oasis Church, while others walked. Together we prayed for the welfare of our city and its people, businesses, schools, churches, and leaders. Thank you for joining us in prayer! On Sunday, October 26, 2014 - A Prayer Walk and Potluck was enjoyed by about 20 people. The black & white Martin Luther film was also viewed at Oasis Church. On Sunday, October 25, 2015, about 25 people participated in our annual prayer walk and potluck. We also watched the movie, "Do You Believe?" We enjoyed another wonderful prayer walk and potluck on Sunday, October 30, 2016. In 2017, the weather was cold and rainy, but we still had 6 hardy sols brave the elements and offer prayers for our community. Almost 30 people enjoyed an evening potluck at the residence of Dick and Nancy Stanley (The Homestead of Rochester). Save the Date: Prayer Walk and Potluck - Sunday, October 25, 2020! Begin at 3pm at Oasis Church and conclude with a potluck meal.
Wish List - Gifts Received
* Earset Head Microphone and a lapel microphone for Worship: purchased with a $750.00 grant from the local Rochester Chapter of Thrivent.
* ESV Pulpit Bible: dedicated in Worship on Saturday, October 26, 2013 in loving memory of Dean Christen (died on 12/13/2012), husband, father, & grandfather—from Ardis Christen, Lisa Christen, Kari & Dave Richards, Ian Richards.
* Outside Church sign with new logo: Deb & Larry Vomhof.
* Forty copies of With One Voice songbooks: Dean and Michelle Paxson (WA).
* Thank you to Lisa Bakke for designing our updated Church Website.
* Thank you to Anne Schwartz for designing our church logo!
* Thank you to members and friends of Emmanuel designating Thrivent Choice Dollars.
* New Pascal Candle: Dean and Michelle Paxson. New Pascal Candle Stand: LeRoy & Margaret Quam.
* Twenty copies of the Reclaim Hymnal: Bakke family. 20 additional copies given by Joe & Amber and Marek Konop, Dave & Carol Olson, and congregations of the Iowa Mission District.
* Baptismal Cloths with Emmanuel Logo donated by Dick & Nancy Stanley.
* Advent Christmas Wreath donated by Leroy & Margaret Quam.
* Baptismal Stand donated by LeRoy & Margaret Quam.
* Two new altar candles & stands donated by LeRoy & Margaret Quam and the Vomhof family.
* Pulpit Paraments for the Seasons of the Church Year, hand sewn by Julie Steffenson.
* 15 copies of the ReClaim Hymnal gifted to Emmanuel Lutheran from Gift of Grace Lutheran in Holmen, WI.
* 20 additional copies of the ReClaim Hymnal purchased with a gift from Ray and Elaine Burke.
* 60 additional copies of the revised Holden Evening Prayer Liturgy have been purchased, a gift from Fred Morck.
* 25 additional copies of the ReClaim Hymnal (DONE in honor of the youth of our congregation).
Gift of 5 acres of land for a Church Site. Dream: Building a Christian Hospitality House, and a church building capable of providing Christian Child Care.
* Thank You to the many congregations & individuals who are patrons & benefactors of Emmanuel. Your prayers, financial support and partnership in the Gospel is much appreciated.
On Monday, April 5, Emmanuel will be reading the entire New Testament in celebration of our Lord's Resurrection. This will be our sixth year in a row of participating in the Public Reading of Scripture. Last year and this year we are doing an in-home virtual reading of the Bible due to COVID-19. Readers can read as little as a few minutes or several hours. Contact Pastor Steffenson if you would like to be a Scripture Reader or want more information. Our goal this year is 260 Bible Readers corresponding to the same number of
chapters in the New Testament.
New Life Family Services
"Sanctity of Life Celebration"
On Saturday, January 16, 2021, Emmanuel hosted a SOHL Service of Worship. On Sunday, January 17, Emmanuel hosted a Baby Shower in support of New Life Family Services in Rochester, MN. Baby Shower gifts received exceeded $1000.00. All lives are sacred to God!
Members wishing to contribute to Emmanuel Lutheran with automatic giving may do so by contacting Judy Caudill or Deb Vomhof. Offerings are transferred once a month on the 15th of the month. Thanks for supporting the holy work of God at Emmanuel Lutheran Church of Rochester.
Building Fund Launch April 2, 2018
Building for the Future!
Thirty-five people participated in this year's public reading of the entire New Testament--in honor of our Lord's resurrection. 22 people read Scripture; 8 of whom were youth as young as 7 years old. KTTC television dropped by and put us on the news. Members of Emmanuel were also given a chance to present an offering or a pledge in support of our Building Fund. Our goal is to raise $100,000 before the end of the year. We now have $97,000 in the Fund (cash & pledges).
"Building for the Future" Implementation Team
The Emmanuel Implementation Team convened for its first meeting on November 1, 2020. The team members are: Judy Pearce (Team Leader), Don Holtan, Larry Vomhof, Don Wanek (resigned in 2021 and replaced by Dan and Mary Jo Grimsrud), and Pastor Dave in an ex-officio capacity.
The Team’s Mission is to:
a. Seek God’s will for His church, land and people through prayer and work.
b. Develop a master site plan for a church building on the Emmanuel property at 75th Street NW and 18th Avenue NW; land acquired in Dec. 2019.
c. Solicit input & feedback from church members & develop subcommittees.
d. Identify, prioritize and implement necessary tasks in a timely manner.
e. Present information to the Council & Congregation for approval.
Next meeting of the Team is scheduled for Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 5pm.
April 24, 2021
God’s people met for a congregational meeting after worship on April 24. The following motion was overwhelmingly passed: “That the membership of Emmanuel Lutheran Church approve the allocation of funds from the Designated Building Fund #357, not to exceed $90,000, which will accomplish the following steps in our “Building to Serve” Plan of Action: Driveway from Access Road, Parking Area, Electrical Service, Shelter, and a Portable Storage Shed, and necessary permits. Work to be performed by AB Systems (Peter Schuller).” Only one “no” vote was cast. All other votes were “yes”. Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting.
Emmanuel Year Ten! Save the Date!
February 25, 2022!
On Saturday, February 25, 2017, Emmanuel Lutheran turned five and celebrated this milestone with a Worship Service. In spite of the snowstorm that came our way, 142 people attended the Service and added their voices to the praise of God. We celebrated the Feast of the Transfiguration of our Lord with lots of music. The youth of Emmanuel sang, "I'm in the Lord's Army, Yes Sir!" Choirs also came from Emmanuel of Grafton, Iowa, and Gift of Grace Lutheran in Holmen, Wisconsin, and offered amazing gifts of music.
The evening offering ($1,607) was designated for the start-up of a brand new NALC Mission Plant within 50-100 miles of Rochester. Worship, refreshments, and fellowship was enjoyed by all.
In 2022, Emmanuel will turn TEN. How will Emmanuel celebrate being Ten-Years-Old? Stay tuned as plans unfold!
Madonna Towers Ministry Opportunity
Our bi-monthly worship services in the Skilled Care Chapel of Madonna Towers is currently suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.